We all know that the United States take certain things very seriously. Some of the following US laws are seriously ridiculous, and yet they are real. See if you can spot two fakes amongst this list of ludicrous laws:
1. In Ohio, it is illegal to get a fish drunk.
2. In Maine, it is illegal to have your Christmas decorations up after 14th January.
3. In South Carolina, you have to be age 18 to play a pinball machine.
4. In Oklahoma, it is illegal to have a sleeping donkey in your bathtub after 7pm.
5. In Tennessee, you must believe in God to be elected into office.
6. In Michigan, anyone over the age of 12 can own a handgun as long as they haven’t committed any felonies.
7. In Idaho, it is illegal for a man to give his sweetheart a box of candy weighing more than 50lb.
8. In Missouri, it is illegal to drive with an uncaged bear.
9. In California, it is illegal to keep a rhinoceros as a pet.
10. In New Jersey, it is illegal to wear a bullet-proof vest while committing murder.
11. In Nevada, it is illegal for a man to buy drinks for more than three people at a time.
12. In Mississippi, it is illegal to seduce a female over the age of 18 by promised or pretend marriage.
13. In New York, it is illegal for two or more people to congregate in public, while each wearing a mask or any face covering which disguises your identity.
14. In Los Angeles, it is illegal to bathe two babies in the same tub at the same time.
16. In Zion, Illinois, it is illegal to give a cat, dog or other domesticated animal a lighted cigar.
17. In Florida, it is illegal to tie an elephant to a parking metre.
18. In Baltimore, Maryland, it is illegal to take a lion to the movies.
19. In North Carolina, it is illegal to hold more than two sessions of bingo per week, and each session must not exceed five hours.
20. In Alabama, it is illegal to be blindfolded while driving a vehicle.
Answers - the ‘fakes’ are numbers 9 and 17.
In California, it is legal to keep a rhino as a pet, as long as a $100 license is obtained first.
In Florida, it is legal to tie an elephant to a parking metre, as long as the parking fee is paid, as it would be for any vehicle.
For the record, these laws may have been created many, many years ago and since repealed. Also, this information has been taken from various online sources, and has not been validated by the police, they have better things to do.